Honk Honk

Monday, September 04, 2006

RANTY PANTS

Okay, so I have to write this here, because only certain people know about this blog, and they are all nice friends who are trustworthy and such.

I am currently furious with my ex-boyfriend. So he just made 27, and his birthday post is all "my first 27 yrs so depressing omg."

This is after I called him the day before and left a message wishing him a happy birthday, AFTER we have not talked in MONTHS. Partially my fault, but mostly his fault. I was initially trying to maintain some kind of friendship with him, but our last real conversation ended with me letting him know that he should call me when he was ready to talk without sighing every ten seconds.

So after I see the world's most irritating post, I call him to check to see if everything is okay. And he is all, "Yeah, I don't want to talk about it." Which is fine. But it doesn't make me feel any less pissed-off. This is me being irrational. I shouldn't expect him to tell me anything, and I shouldn't feel guilty about his depression, because it is probably more school-related than ex-us-related, but I still care. So the new goal should be to stop caring, which is just too cold-hearted for me.

And this is why I can't maintain friendships with my ex-boyfriends. Because I have these ridiculous expectations about being friendly and well-adjusted that neither I, nor they, can live up to.

In good news, Circuit City guy continues to be charming and adorable. And I continue to give him completely mixed messages about how interested I am in him.

1 Comments:

  • WHOA. i just now read this!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home