Honk Honk

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

In other World News

I am so proud of our President. I'm proud of the way that he enriches global conversations by making them more complex and meaningful, not derivative and disingenuously* simple. But I wonder if he has the wisdom and credibility to go to a place like Ghana and say, essentially, "get over colonialism"? People seemed to like that, though.

So he is very, very good at being a symbol in a time when that is exactly what the country needs. Really.

I have such a crush on him.



*Although I'm not sure that Baby Bush was actually disingenuous, since one has to be kind of ingenuous to cover it up with dis. And I like to think of Russell Brand when he says that Bush "would not have been trusted with a pair of scissors" in the UK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home