Honk Honk

Friday, July 17, 2009

I love looking at the BBC's pictures. Happy-making.

So I have to start preparing for work, again. Booo. Good news - this means READING. YAY. I'm going to re-read Brave New World, 1984, The Catcher in the Rye, and The Scarlet Letter. That should take me through the first month of school. I love Orwell and Huxley so much. In fact, I think that if I was honest with my writer-self, I would want to be George Orwell when I grow up.

Oooh, ooooh. Daisy of Love. I just have to make sure that this gets on the happy list. I know that reality shows are evil, and reality dating shows are the dregs of a degraded society in which nothing is sacred or good or lovely.

But Daisy de la Hoya is so perfectly stupid. I don't mean that cynically. I mean that she is unintelligent, and it does not actually matter. In fact, it works to her advantage and makes good TV. I like that, especially when people who are supposed to be intelligent reveal that they are just as stupid as everyone else - I'm looking at you, Riki Rachtman. "Resolvement" is not a word! You're looking for "resolution."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home